This Dec 9th and 10th, we will host the second annual AGA WA State Championship at our new location (see seattlego.org/directions for a map). There will be an Open Tournament for strong, qualifying attendees (all even games to determine the state champion) and a Handicap Ratings Tournament. There will be 5 rounds — two rounds Saturday and three rounds Sunday.
The top scoring player in the Open Tournament who has lived in Washington state for six months or more will win the 2023 Washington State Championship title and trophy.
The top scoring players in the Open Tournament that are employable in the United States win the championship prize money — $500 for top score, $250 for second top score, and $125 for third top score.
Handicap Tournament cash prizes and youth prizes depend on registrations.
You must have a current AGA membership. Please renew ahead of time to make registration easier and to make starting on time possible. Go to AGA membership join/update page to check your membership status, or join. Parents, you must make sure your kids are valid members. If someone cannot become an AGA member before the first round of pairing, you cannot play because we submit all game records to the AGA.
* Registration time: December 9th, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
* Saturday First Round Starts: December 9th, 10:30 AM (second round around 2:00pm)
* Sunday Third Round Starts: December 10th, 10:30 AM (fourth around around 1:30pm, fifth round around 3:30pm)
* Entry Free: $20 for non-voting members, $10 for voting members, Youth (under 18) are free (the $10 fee is paid by a grant from AGF), and Spectators are free.
* Time Controls: 45 mins with 5 byo-yomi periods of 30 seconds.
* Tie-Breaker: SOS (sum of opponent scores), SODOS (sum of defeated opponents’ scores), and lastly a tie-breaking game
This event is sponsored by the AGA State Championship fund, the AGA Tournament Support Program, and the Seattle AGA Chapter. Big thanks to the AGA for their support.